Saturday, April 14, 2012

Spring cleaning equals yard sales

I had a great time this morning going to all of our wonderful community yard sales. Our community has two days a year set aside for a yard sales through out the community. It has become as much of a tradition for myself and my daughter as going out on black Friday. I know you think we are crazy, but we love it.

It used to be a greater necessity than it is now. My husband is retired military and many in our society don't realize the cost of serving our country is also reflected in our pay checks. As a family and as a whole we enjoyed the experience of serving our wonderful country. Yes of the entire family serves.

I digress- we had a wonderful time and got some really good deals, so what did we get?

We got one of these for E and only spent $10.00.

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Trend-Snap-Go-Stroller/dp/B002U44XOI/ref=sr_1_30?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1334452172&sr=1-30


I bought this for at my house for $5.00.

http://www.amazon.com/Step2-Push-Around-Buggy-Red/dp/B00000IZEM/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1334452310&sr=1-1-catcorr
&id=3B7F47B
I also bought one these for $4.00.

I also found a really cool chess set for my son. I spent $10.00 for this lovely set.

I hope everyone gets out and gets to know their neighbors this summer. Visiting neighborhood yard sales is a great way to stretch your budget and get to know your neighbors.  It is also a great place to find vintage buys for your Etsy shop. http://www.etsy.com/shop/KikiCloset

Have a wonderful week-end.







No comments:

Post a Comment