Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Dinner tonight?

What's for dinner? As moms we answer this question hundreds of times a year! I found this recipe on Pintrest a while back and my family really enjoyed it, I served it over rice.  http://easy-cookbook-recipes.com/slow-cooker-teriyaki-chicken/  
I did make a few changes. First, I used frozen chicken tenders and placed them in the crock pot frozen. Second, while the rice was cooking I removed two Tablespoons of the sauce and stirred it into two Tablespoons of cornstarch, turn the slow cooker on to high and stir the cornstarch mixture into the chicken. This thickens the sauce nicely. The last change I made was adding in a bag of cooked broccoli. Again I am trying to get dinner on the table so I used frozen steam fresh.


If you enjoyed this recipe check out my Pinterest board of slow cooker recipes and my other boards. 


I think of my life as semi homemade. I try to make wholesome healthy meals using mostly organic foods. A lot of my fresh items come from our local farmer's market.  My family loves Chinese take out, but I don't love the price or the additives. This is one way I try to keep my family healthy. What are some of the ways you serve up healthy meals to your family? 

No comments:

Post a Comment